Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A Nice Day Outside

I spent a few days recently looking into the Godot game engine recently to see how it's coming along - it's shaping up pretty nicely. It's a lot easier to use now than it used to be.

In any case, today I tweaked some of the shaders a bit to make the game more visually interesting (but hopefully not pointlessly so).

I also recently implemented a "key bot" that you destroy to unlock doors in a room. I think I need to add a "focus on the unlocked doors" cinematic, but I'm unsure on that; maybe just a simple "Zelda tone" will do. I don't know if I want to make the key robots things you need to destroy to move on; earlier ideas for this would be a robot you'd have to catch to unlock the door. I know I don't really want to bother with a whole "inventory" for this purpose, though (an additional key indicator, for example). I think I want it to be simple and easy to approach conceptually.

I plan on starting to create maps using prefabs (I suppose?) soon to help with map creation. I've tried this before in a tutorial video, and it worked out well, I think - hopefully it'll be useful and easy to work with for Gearend. I'm currently trying to decide if I want to go back and re-do the maps I've done so far with them, but I'm unsure. Here's the video, for reference.


Anyway, that's basically what I'm up to at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment